The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have: A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of HR experience with at least 2 in HR Systems or database administration with mid-size to large employers.
- Knowledge of human resources practices, general policies, and procedures.
- Experience structuring and configuring an HRIS so that it operates to meet business requirements; including hands-on experience creating new fields, changing drop down lists, making decisions on how to map the system, etc.
- Experience with UltiPro (or similar system: SAP®, Oracle, SuccessFactors®, Workday® Human Capital Management, etc.) including all modules for support of HR.
- Experience in data conversion and system implementations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required and ability to use modules at an advanced level (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong documentation and data entry skills.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- The ability to work independent of supervision.
- Excellent communication skills when interacting with all levels of the organization.
- High performer with demonstrated success.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail with the ability to understand how tasks fit into the full process.
- An assertive, positive attitude.
The RoleAs HRIS Administrator, you will be responsible for taking ownership of a variety of key activities that support our robust and dynamic HRIS system.
This role will evolve and change as time goes on. For example, earlier this year we implemented a new system (Ultipro), and your short-term focus in this role will be to help implement processes and procedures, create modules, add permissions, and ensure the integration is going as smooth as possible.
Once the implementation is fully configured, you’ll shift your long-term focus to activities that will support the system. You’ll handle our internal ticketing system that will include a variety of inquiries from the field. Tickets will encompass everything from changes in access to other more technical issues. You’ll funnel the tickets out to the appropriate contact or handle the ticket yourself. You will also serve as the primary point of contact to the vendor.
Reporting and auditing will also be a primary component to this role as you run and create reports for our entire company. As you’ve probably already gathered, this is a ground-floor opportunity with a lot to build-out. You’ll have the opportunity to help build and design everything from training modules and metrics to compensation reports.
More specifically, you will:
- Support end users with issues in HR systems, data feeds, or other affected processes by troubleshooting and escalating to vendors as required.
- Develop and monitor dashboards, metrics and automated data feeds and reporting.
- Update and alter system data, account logins, permissions, ongoing reports and security measures.
- Create, monitor and update human resources information systems, including hiring and learning systems.
- Create and update user documentation and guidelines.
- Conduct end user training as needed.
- Support acquisitions or implementations through due diligence, data conversion and other required system activities.
- Manage other duties as assigned.
This role moves beyond the core HR functions and encompasses other aspects of the HRIS, including the Learning Management System, Compensation and Benefits, and various other functions of our Shared Services model.Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
Why Par PacificEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is located in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessIn addition to your strong HRIS experience and knowledge, to excel in this role you will also possess proven analytical skills and the ability to converge data as we continue to grow and acquire new businesses. Any experience moving large amounts of data from legacy systems to newly integrated systems to ensure compliance will be a plus.
It will also be essential that you are comfortable with change and able to thrive in an environment where there is still a lot to create. Your first priority will be to do some housekeeping related to our integration, and then you will focus on maintaining the system and ensuring the successful operation of the entire function. The right candidate will view this variety as a welcome and refreshing change from other less-dynamic positions. It's safe to say that you'll never be bored here!
Additionally, to truly find success in this role you will:
- Build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Dedicate yourself to learning our company, goals and processes
- Continually look for improvements within the HRIS
- Stretch and grow your skills, always looking for ways to progress your career and talent