The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Pipeline Maintenance Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma; a relevant 2-year technical degree is strongly preferred.
- Solid experience in industrial maintenance, including experience with mechanical, electrical, corrosion and/or measurement.
- A basic understanding of welding.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
- A strong commitment to safety and environmental guidelines.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with coworkers, other departments and the public as necessary.
- Self-discipline and the ability to work independently.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business.
- Petroleum terminal and/or pipeline experience.
- Experience with Department of Transportation pipeline regulations.
- Welding certification.
- Experience with SAP.
The position also will require exposure to adverse weather conditions and hazardous environments, as well as the physical stamina to climb tanks and work long hours in the field. You'll also need to wear personal protective equipment, which we'll provide. Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
The RoleReporting to the Logistics Manager, you will join a team that includes five other Pipeline Maintenance Technicians. This team supports an extensive logistics network in northeastern Wyoming and includes:
- 140+ miles of crude oil gathering systems.
- 40+ miles of refined product pipeline.
- A 6-mile pipeline connecting a jet fuel terminal in Rapid City to Ellsworth Air Force Base.
In this role you will be a key part of the daily operation and maintenance activities with Wyoming Pipeline Company. You'll interact with multiple company departments and be responsible for the maintenance that relates to key elements that are vital to our day to day operation. While you'll start your day at the refinery, you will spend the majority of your time out in the field.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide input and support for expense and capital projects, initiatives, contracts, manuals and programs.
- Assume responsibility for the oversight of safe operations and performance of employees, contractors and vendors. Maintain safe work environment for employees. Monitor compliance and review of safety manual and operations manual.
- Participate when required with internal / external auditors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Participate with regulatory auditors to ensure compliance with regulations and assists correction of deficiencies. Maintain compliance with state and Federal DOT, PMSHA, EPA and OSHA regulations. Participate in spill drills and exercises as required. Assist with emergency responses and incidents.
- Maintain a strong commitment to customer service.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Monitor activity in and around pipeline facilities and respond as necessary to protect system integrity.
- Manage all pipeline activities with a focus on safety, environmental and DOT standards and regulations.
- Analyze proper tool usage and equipment to perform integrity management and regulatory tasks on oil or liquid pipelines.
- Maintain daily/weekly completion records and reports for management review.
- Participate in internal and external meetings to advocate logistics and company interests.
- Respond to emergency response efforts in the event of a release or other emergency situation as part of the Emergency Response Team. Serve in various roles within the Incident Command System as required.
- Handle other job duties as required and directed.
What's in It for YouEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
Autonomy and support
You'll work independently, but you'll share know-how and ideas with the other Technicians as well as other employees in the organization. Help is always just a phone call away.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you'd expect in a small town. We're proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. If you love the outdoor life, there aren't too many places to beat Newcastle.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
In addition to a competitive wage (and plenty of overtime opportunity), we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; and more. In addition, we provide safety glasses, Nomex flame resistant coveralls, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, hard hats and respirators.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessYour technical knowledge will be essential, but just as important will be a degree of business acumen to understand how the business works and how your role supports business objectives. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Pipeline Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Achieve goals autonomously but also contribute as a team player.
- Deliver results and operational excellence by planning, organizing and owning work assignments from start to finish.
- Build solid interpersonal relationships by relating well to others, communicating effectively, bringing a collaborative approach and influencing others as appropriate.
- Make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement.