The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related discipline required
- At least 2 years of refining yield accounting experience will be given high preference. We will also consider candidates with at least 2 years of experience in material / product accounting, cost accounting experience with moving inventory, or related field.
- Working knowledge of refinery operations, terminal operations, or oil marketing will also be given high preference.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word Suite.
- Must be very proficient at learning new PC based programs. This position will require working with SAP and proprietary software programs.
- Ability to create daily yield accounting reports. Excellent detail orientation, and the ability to sort through billings and invoices to find information on which product was sold, at what quantity, and from what location.
- Knowledge and or experience working with loading dock equipment and tank farm layouts.
- Understanding of lab procedures and product testing specifications
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and production requirements.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written required.
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
Reporting to the Manager of Economics & Planning, as a Yield Accountant, your goal will be to organize and assist in tracking the movements of refinery products to the market. You’ll work to determine the quantity and contract agreements and assist in balancing production volumes with pipeline movements and truck rack metered sales.
You will join a team that includes two other Yield Accountants, and you can expect to work closely with both team members as you collaborate on your activities. Each Accountant will handle a different part of the process:
- Material coming in the plant
- Material moving throughout the plant
- Product leaving the plant (this will be your area of focus)
More specifically, your essential functions will be to:
- Record all sales volume leaving the Wyoming Refining Company location in Newcastle and balance the sales with plant production.
- Work with other Yield Accountants as a team to complete all the inventory movements in and out of the Newcastle plant.
- Troubleshoot problems with the yield account process.
- Assist in the training of plant personnel on the importance of proper measurement.
- Assist in troubleshooting any discrepancies between the sales ticket and refinery production and inventory.
- Complete daily product report on movements through various product routes (Rail, Rack, and Pipeline).
- Complete blend, pipeline, and product Reports on monthly, quarterly, and yearly cycle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Back-Up the Yield Accountant responsible for crude purchases, crude pipeline, crude terminals, and crude inventory.
- Back-Up the Yield Accountant responsible for refinery plant unit reconciliation, plant charge and yield statements, and plant tank gauging.
Why Par PacificEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Autonomy and support
You'll work independently, but you'll collaborate and share know-how and ideas with the other Yield Accountants as well as other employees in the organization.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you'd expect in a small town. We're proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. If you love the outdoor life, there aren't too many places to beat Newcastle.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive wage (and plenty of overtime opportunity), we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; and more. In addition, we provide safety glasses, Nomex flame resistant coveralls, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, hard hats and respirators.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will have excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for identifying trends, discrepancies or anything that just seems out of place. We take a cradle to grave approach to the Yield Accounting function, and it will be your job to track all product leaving this facility. If there is an error or mistake, we will look to you to use your troubleshooting and problem solving skills to try and identify the source of the issue. You’ll ensure there is balance and synergy between the volume coming in and the product moving out.
This is a visible position within the organization, one where you will interact with a variety of stakeholders including customers, field / plant personnel, finance, and others. Your ability to build strong relationships with your customer base will be critical to your success.