The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Senior HR Change Management Specialist opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business required, a master's degree in HR or Business preferred; OD certification and/or PROSCI or equivalent change management certification or designation a plus
- 5-10+ years of Human Resources / Organizational Development experience leading change in dynamic, evolving organizations; the ideal candidate will have experience leading change within diverse companies supporting multiple locations
- Solid project management skills, including familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with MS Project is an advantage
- The ability to efficiently and effectively balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Past OD experience with relation to acquisitions is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work effectively at all levels of an organization, including C-level stakeholders
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- A forward-looking with a holistic approach
- Outstanding organization skills and a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to senior HR leadership, as Senior HR Change Management Specialist, you will ensure that new change initiatives introduced into the organization help to further the organizational objectives and fit in with our corporate vision and mission. Throughout your efforts, you will work to drive faster adoption and ultimately higher utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. The purpose of these improvements will be to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes. While you will focus the majority of your time on the client group in Hawaii, you may also work on projects that impact the organization as a whole.
Performing Your Role
You will focus heavily on employee-related change, including changes to:
- Business processes
- Systems and technology
- Job roles and organization structures
- Creating a structured change management implementation strategy so that there is consistency in adopting change for every employee, every project team and every department.
- Supporting the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Conducting impact analyses, assessing change readiness and identifying key stakeholders.
- Providing input, documenting requirements and supporting the design and delivery of communication/ training programs.
- Identifying the most expected and potential points of resistance to change, then developing counter strategies to reduce the resistance and address the doubts and uncertainty surrounding the change in order to foster a positive acceptance of the change.
- Creating specific and detailed project management plans that will lead to the path of least resistance to change and maximum utilization of the new initiatives for the company.
- Establishing parameters to measure the early adoption, effective utilization, and proficiency of new change initiatives for individual employees as well as groups and/or departments.
- Identifying deviations in performance from the change standards and implementing strategies for corrective action to achieve full organizational adoption to change.
- Continuing to maintain a close engagement with specialists within HR to ensure a smooth transition to change and organization-wide successful implementation of change initiatives.
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
More Good ReasonsEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Par Hawaii, Inc. and Par Hawaii Refining, LLC are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Texas-based Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. Par Hawaii has more than 650 employees and is continuing to grow as a leading supplier of transportation fuels in Hawaii. Par Hawaii’s gasoline and diesel are sold through a network of Hele-branded retail locations on Oahu, Maui and Hawaii islands, and 76-branded retail locations throughout Hawaii.
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You will be based in our Marketing & Logistics HQ in Honolulu.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessAs the Senior HR Change Management Specialist, in addition to increasing employee adoption and usage, you will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives and are on time and on budget. To meet your goals, you'll need a strong mix of change management, OD and project management knowledge and experience, as well as outstanding organization, relationship building and influencing skills. While project managers will focus on the technical aspects of projects, you'll ensure the structure and methodology are in place to meet audit and other requirements. You will take a holistic view to each project, understanding what is happening and how it affects and influences different departments -- how projects integrate into the organization as a whole.
You will need strategic vision, but also willingness to do a good deal of tactical work as you ensure projects stay on track and communicate up and down the chain. At times you may have to push back but will do so leveraging your interpersonal finesse and business savvy. Overall success will require the following core competencies:
- Marshaling resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
- Orchestrating multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal;
- Using resources effectively and efficiently
- Arranging information and files in a useful manner.
- Analytical Thinking:
- Tackling a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Noticing discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information
- Delivering Results:
- Delivering operational excellence by planning, organizing and owning work assignments from start to finish
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Relating well to and effectively influencing others within and across functions through effective communication and collaboration
- Innovation Management:
- Bringing the creative ideas of others to market
- Having good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work
- A sense about managing the creative process of others
- Facilitating effective brainstorming, projecting how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace