The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for the IT Finance Accounting Specialist opportunity, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. To a strong fit for the role, you will have:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably in a multi-site downstream oil & gas and/or a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Finance and accounting process and systems integration expertise for oil & gas trading and downstream operations businesses
- Experience with:
- Business case and requirements gathering
- Scope development and prioritization
- Expert level SAP finance and accounting process and configuration knowledge required
- Extensive understanding of business processes related to ERP systems; experience with industry-specific modules/products
- Knowledgeable of the systems development life cycle and structured analysis
- Business knowledge on the following areas:
- Financial accounting in A/P, A/R, & GL
- Managerial accounting
- Asset management
- Project accounting
- Intercompany processes
- Consolidations & eliminations
- Monthly/quarter/yearly close & reporting
- Project, financial, vendor, & resource management skills
- Ability to deliver in a rapidly growing company and entrepreneurial environment - reliable, result orientated and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills; the ability to build strong relationships
- A bias toward action; a proactive, self-starter, "get it done" approach
- Strong decision-making skill; the ability to effectively apply a mixture of analysis, experience and judgment/wisdom
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills; the ability to effectively balance multiple, often competing, priorities
- Diplomacy/tact; the ability to comfortably diffuse tense or adversarial interactions
- Customer focused
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
The RoleRole Overview
Reporting to the IT Finance Accounting Architect, as IT Finance Accounting Specialist, you will be responsible for leading business process and information technology initiatives for the Finance & Accounting function. You will work closely with a growing, tight-knit Center of Excellence (COE) team, including a Supply Chain Architect, Financial & Accounting Architect, and Commercial and Technical Architects / Developers, as well as interact directly other areas with business (e.g. Finance & Accounting, Commercial, Supply Chain, Operations, and Human Resources). Your primary mission will be to complete SAP configurations and run and maintain F&A integrations and enhancements based on the business requirements you identify. You will work on multiple integrations simultaneously.
Performing Your Role
Working across the organization, including with Texas, Hawaii, Wyoming and Colorado, you will interface with business leaders and stakeholders to understand and clarify business requirements. You will be responsible for translating those requirements into a solution design that can be implemented within our ERP landscape in a cost-efficient and scalable manner. You will liaise with the tech and business groups as you gain a deep understanding of business needs and share information with the tech team as necessary. We leverage a ticketing system to help you manage priorities and workflow.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide end user support for all financial accounting related issues.
- Act as business liaison and project delivery leader.
- Serve as resident expert and owner on:
- How applications and technology (web services, interfaces, partner portals, etc.) are leveraged to support front, mid, and back office Finance and Accounting activities.
- Finance and Accounting processes and the integration points across business functions & technology.
- Ensure end to end understanding of Finance and Accounting related business processes and systems solutions.
Pictured: One of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
More Good ReasonsEmployee value proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts. This is particularly true in Procurement because you will directly interact with key players throughout our business.
You will enjoy strong professional growth opportunities both on- and off-site. You may attend classroom training, and perhaps to earn certifications, and work with skilled professionals who can add to your knowledge base. And because you're coming in on the ground-floor of our IT expansion, you'll be in a prime position to advance your career with Par Pacific.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more..
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is located in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessWhile your technical skills and A&F knowledge will be paramount in this role, it will also be critical to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and earn credibility throughout the organization. Positive feedback from the business leads and others you'll work with will directly reflect how well you are doing in the role. Of course, there will be other KPIs to guide you, such as the number of support tickets managed, ticket to response time, quality of your designs, etc.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding IT Finance Accounting Specialist, you will:
- Pay close attention to detail while also grasping the big picture and how the details fit into it
- Bring a customer service approach to your interactions with internal and external contacts
- Manage multiple activities with competing priorities effectively
- Remain flexible in a changing environment
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and practices in the tech and accounting financial space
- Others seek out counsel/advice
- You're delivering measurable results
- You've earned the depth of knowledge to effectively leverage strategic insight to identify market trends and timing
- You're creating strong contract briefs that help our legal team