The RequirementsIn order to meet the basic qualifications for this role, you will have:
- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. for any employer for any length of time, without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in a clerical and/or administrative role.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; experience with ERP software, SAP preferred.
- Strong spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record to drive a company vehicle between two sites.
- A commitment to safety.
- Ability to plan, document and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding organization, prioritization and time management skills; attention to detail; accuracy; ability to effectively balance multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers, contractors and internal and external customers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with various levels and titles throughout the organization.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction, and follow work rules; a strong work ethic and commitment to working your schedule and meeting deadlines.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Energy; enthusiasm; a positive attitude.
Note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The RoleOpportunity Snapshot
As Administrative Assistant, you will join the Wyoming Pipeline Department and be responsible for supporting the Logistics Manager, to whom you'll also report, and four other supervisors within the department, by providing administrative and office support. In addition, you will assist a growing team, currently including five technicians, with their documentation and reporting responsibilities. You'll step in where needed and proactively keep tasks and people moving through the department by meeting objectives and needs.
In this busy role, you will have a list of responsibilities that you will work through each day while also managing constant interruptions by multiple stakeholders. Your day will vary as you handle a range of responsibilities from working with the payables department on updates and billing, creating and handling requisitions in SAP, completing daily filing, interacting with and answering questions for contractors and others, completing regulatory/compliance paperwork, report generation and much more.
There are a good many changes underway which you may be involved in. For example, the payable system completely changed 8 months ago and you may work with payables on some cleanup. Due to a recent move, there are some organizational projects underway. You may be assigned to separate, handle and file historic and current files, and you could be asked to handle compliance and reporting projects. While you will most often work at our Newcastle office in town, you will also travel 10 miles to a station outside of town where you'll do some project work. Work between sites will ebb and flow. You may be at the station for a week and then not go out again for several weeks. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Answering, screening, and directing incoming calls.
- Responding to routine information requests.
- Maintaining the department calendar including scheduling meetings/appointments.
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Making travel arrangements.
- Assisting in the development of reports, presentations, meeting materials, etc.
- Creating and formatting documents such as correspondence and memos from rough drafts, making changes and ensuring proper grammar, punctuation or spelling.
- Processing expense reports.
- Maintaining appropriate data bases.
- Maintaining department office supply inventory.
- Organizing and maintaining department files.
- Maintaining tracking system for key activities.
- Maintaining records in accordance with record retention standards.
- Analyzing data/information, drawing conclusions, identifying root causes and effectively solving problems in a timely manner.
- Managing current and retention files as needed.
More Good ReasonsEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
This is a busy role in a busy office. We can promise that you'll never be bored. By showcasing a combination of high-energy service skills and the ability to deliver your responsibilities accurately and on time, you will demonstrate your ability to advance with Par Pacific. Ours is a growing company, including strong growth in Wyoming. Prove yourself and learn all you can and you'll be in a prime position to move up as new positions become available.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; and more.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you'd expect in a small town. We're proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. If you love the outdoor life, there aren't too many places to beat Newcastle.
Keys to SuccessSuccess in this role requires an individual with the energy and drive to take ownership of their responsibilities, see what needs to be done and do it without needing a great deal of guidance. You should be a self-starter who is quality driven and takes pride in accuracy and a job well-done. Being able to manage the flow of the role will be essential. Identifying areas for process improvements and sharing your strong ideas with leadership will help you navigate and excel in the role.
You will work with a great many stakeholders from leaders to technicians to contractors to field hands. You'll need to be comfortable working with a diverse range of individuals and you'll sometimes need a thick skin to deal with individuals who can be rough around the edges.
In addition, to be an outstanding Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Gain a strong understanding of our business and how your actions contribute to company performance.
- Complete your assignments with optimal results. Demonstrate operational excellence through planning, organizing and taking ownership of your responsibilities from start to finish.
- Build relationships, influence and work well with others through effective communication and collaboration.
- Demonstrate commitment, adaptability, flexibility and resilience.