The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for the Training Manager, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Marketing or Education.
- 7+ years of experience designing, developing, and delivering training and development programs.
- Working knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning theories, along with 2-3 years proven project management experience.
- Proven knowledge of Learning Management System (LMS) and Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, learning needs analysis and instructional systems design; Experience in facilitating learning programs.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Ability to act as a training expert for the organization and communicate that expertise within industry forums.
- Multitasking prowess to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and engage cross-functional project teams across multiple sites.
- Ability to travel to Hawaii and Wyoming (10%).
The RoleYou will report to the Director of Talent, joining our Houston office. Your mission is to identify Par Pacific's training needs and design and deliver effective programs across multiple learning platforms and media e.g. webinars, virtual training etc. At a high level, you'll spend about 20% of your time identifying training needs; another 60% on content creation; and the remaining 20% on actual delivery of those programs.
Specifically, your responsibilities would be to:
- Identify and assess future and current training needs for the organization by liaising closely with HR Business Partners as well as Business Leaders.
- Create training content, including facilitator guides and participant materials (for instructor-led, self-study, virtual, and webinar training), leveraging recognized principles of adult learning.
- Determine optimal delivery methods and execute them across various media including eLearning.
- Conduct pilot programs to evaluate content, activities and objectives.
- Partner with HR Business Leaders to develop and implement internal communication plans for training roll-out.
- Execute rollout, deliver and facilitate training programs.
- Develop and own the Par Pacific learning calendar.
- Coach and conduct train-the-trainer session(s) to deliver effective training sessions.
- Create assessments and surveys to evaluate the training program effectiveness and to identify and prioritize gaps requiring learning support.
- Partner with various disciplines across Par Pacific to establish high standards for learning.
High-impact legacy: By designing and delivering our signature employee and leadership programs, you'll not only have ground floor impact in shaping the evolution of our training programs but you'll also be influencing the future direction of our employees.
Employee Value Proposition: Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems. “Growth” is the operative word here and we are looking for high impact players who can take on larger roles and responsibilities and continue to grow with our organization.
Empowerment: We'll entrust you with the freedom and flexibility to drive processes to meet our training objectives and achieve success.
Unique Culture: There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, innovative entrepreneurial professional infused with a spirit of continuous improvement…If this describes you, you'll fit right in!
Excellent compensation: In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
Keys to SuccessWith 47 retail locations, pivotal to your success is your ability to think outside the box and figure out innovative ways of designing and delivering training programs to employees in different locations. You'll leverage your “emotional” intelligence to build relationships with employees, HR partners and business leaders through diplomacy, teamwork, and a "customer service" approach. You’ll be able to “talk the talk and walk the walk” as you effectively position yourself as a credible advisor and facilitator. Other facets of success are to:
- Strike an appropriate balance between high-level strategic thinking and hands-on execution of the implementation details.
- Manage effectively to multiple objectives, looking at issues from many different angles and weighing a range of factors and trade-offs in developing training programs.
- Constantly survey employee needs and competitive landscape to stay abreast of what is new and successful and harness that knowledge to drive continuous enhancements to our training programs.
- Bring a high-energy approach, sense of urgency, and solid focus to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.