The RequirementsThis position is a hybrid between a technical and systems analyst role. Aside from doing the normal system analyst duties, you will look at IT costs, high level SharePoint administration, analyze new technologies, do data mining, vendor management, execute test cases, look at opportunities to analyze and rationalization tools/technologies and leverage your business acumen throughout the organization. To be a strong fit for the Senior Systems Analyst role, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or a related field.
- PMP, AGILE, SCRUM, ITIL v3 or other relevant certifications are preferred but not required.
- 5-7+ years of systems analysis experience on IT projects, with 5 years of experience working on cross-functional project teams.
- 3-5 years SharePoint 2010/2013 knowledge and experience.
- A consulting background and/or experience with the refinery industry, oil/gas, downstream, etc. would be an advantage but is not required.
- Knowledge and experience using various SDLC methodologies (mainly Agile and Waterfall).
- Strong data integration and analytic skills, i.e. creating dashboards, graphics, etc.
- Demonstrated application of solid IT business analysis practices to deliver effective business solutions.
- Experience with a large ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, SQL Query, and Visio.
- Experience developing process flows / process documentation.
- Ability to travel a few times per year to visit our other locations in Hawaii and Wyoming.
- Ability to analyze the marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, other IT professionals and other stakeholders at all levels and departments of the organization.
- Skill organizing and facilitating problem-solving workshops.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse team.
- Ability to manage or work on multiple projects and tasks at one time.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work.
- Systems administration.
- SOX/Audit experience.
- Project Cost Analyst experience.
- Experience with Active Directory and/or any type of mobility tools.
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies.
The RoleAs the IT Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting activities related to all phases (Define, Design, Develop, Deploy, and Transition) of project implementations and process improvement initiatives across the business enterprise. You’ll act as a liaison to the project leader by gathering and analyzing business requirements, developing use cases and process maps, supporting the design and development of IT software/hardware solutions, managing project economics, communicating project status, and optimizing end user adoption through testing and quality control processes.
We’re working on developing internal applications instead of buying off-the-shelf apps, and you’ll help with a wide variety of projects involving everything from SharePoint development and cloud strategy to authentication, security protocols and creating / refining standards across the IT organization. Continuous improvement, robotics and process automation are also key areas you’ll be involved with.
Delivering and leveraging analytics through the solution development lifecycle is a key component to the success of this role, as is providing assurance that projects and initiatives are aligned with Par’s Project Delivery Framework and IT Governing Controls. A basic understanding of IT infrastructure, software development lifecycle, and IT Service Management processes is required to be successful in this role.
More specifically, your essential functions will be to:
- High level systems administration
- Analyze project adherence to the Project Delivery Framework & ITGC’s
- Elicit, track, analyze, and document project & technical requirements, decisions, and actions for periodic program reporting
- Develop and maintain project business cases, analysis, and justification
- Provide issue tracking, status reports, and maintaining document repositories
- Coordinate and analyze technical design, training, and global implementations of technical solutions
- Facilitate stakeholder, technical, and business alignment meetings
- Translate business requirements and deliver technical solutions
- Review test plans with QA and other partner groups prior to requesting business user testing
- Analyze and document business process improvements
- Create and monitor project Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Conduct ongoing Earned Value Analysis as required
- Prepare and participate in cost and schedule assurance reviews
- Build and maintain executive project and program dashboards (Earned Value Curves, Project Dashboards, and Resource Utilization)
- Coordinate daily project and program tasks with project team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with external and internal business partners and suppliers globally
- Must be able to run lower-level project meetings. Must be able to take good meeting notes and minutes.
What's In It For YouEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is located in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change under way. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessAlthough contractors have been executing this role in the past, it’s technically a new permanent position for Par, meaning there’s a lot of room to make an impact, continue to build out the function and help refine and develop processes and protocols. This is a culture where your suggestions and ideas will be welcomed and valued. To excel in this role you’ll be a self-starter and go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is excited and eager to step into a lead Analyst role.
You’ll work closely with both the IT Manager and the Director of IT, along with a variety of other key contacts throughout the organization such as IT, Accounting, Commercial, Supply Chain / Procurement and many others. We will look to you to call on your proven interpersonal skills and relationship building abilities to partner with these key contacts.