The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity, you should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. A master's degree and CPA designation (or parts passed / CPA candidate) is preferred
- 3-5 years of SEC/Reporting experience in the oil/gas industry experience OR 3-4 years of Big 4 experience OR a combination of both (2 years Big 4 + 2 years industry).
- Legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship is required
- Strong initiative to research issues, develop potential solutions, and effectively partner with other business areas to drive issue resolution in a way that strengthens the overall organization
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- An organized approach and attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and interdependently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and strong verbal and written communication abilities
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check.
Pictured: Par Pacific has invested over $95 million over the last four years to modernize, expand, and upgrade both refinery and pipeline/logistics operations in Wyoming.
The RoleAs the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, you will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application and the execution of the monthly consolidation process. You’ll help collect information, update workbooks, and manage the consolidation process.
In addition to your consolidation activities, you will be the primary person responsible for updating financial information within our internal and external reports such as the 10-Q, 10-K, QFR, and earnings release. Additionally, you will assist with the preparation of internal reports, external reports, and PBCs for external auditors, as needed.
You’ll join a team that includes one other Sr. Financial Analyst.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the HFM Consolidation process. Extract and load trial balances, record consolidation entries, and run financial reports
- Maintain HFM applications — update dimension hierarchy by adding accountings, profit centers, etc.
- Draft, edit, and ensure adequate support is maintained for SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Prepare governmental forms as needed
- Prepare analytics and PBCs
- Prepare post-close entries in HFM
- Assist with earnings release preparation
- Prepare monthly internal reporting reports and solicit information and analysis from the various parties who provide us information
- Assist with integration and other special projects
- Assist with system migrations and conversions
- Provide training and assistance on Workiva and HFM
- Assist with bank reporting or stand-alone financials
Why Join UsEmployee value proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, premier market position, and integrated business systems. Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many industry experts.
We are proud of our collaborative culture where we foster teamwork, open communication and innovation. We work together to draw up solutions, and we are committed to making business improvements together wherever we can. If you want to add your voice to a strong team, this could be a great fit for you!
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific—an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you're at Par, you're a driven, creative thinker, and a hardworking, entrepreneurial professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in! This team is ex Big-4, down to earth, and likes to "work smarter, not longer."
Our ongoing strong growth and commitment to continuous improvement mean there is positive change underway. That change can create advancement opportunities for strong performers.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
Pictured: Our Oahu refinery is part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role, you will be a self-motivated professional who can serve as a utility player and assist wherever your skills are needed. You can expect to expand your skill set as you touch a variety of reports, systems, and forms. In addition to your day-to-day activities, you’ll step in to help with special projects, ad hoc requests, and much more!
Because of the work our team executes, you can expect to work with most departments throughout Par. We will look to you to leverage your interpersonal skills to build relationships with a variety of personality types and management styles throughout our dynamic organization. You’ll need to be confident and professional as you follow up with your key contacts to get the information that you need to execute your responsibilities.
Finally, to truly find success in this role, you will be detail-oriented, yet still able to keep your eye on the big picture.