The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Treasury Analyst opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent; Certified Treasury Professional preferred.
- 5+ years of treasury cash management experience, preferably within the energy industry.
- Advanced analytical, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of proficiency in:
- SAP, including running reports, using T codes, etc.
- MS Excel, including researching and compiling data, VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- The ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
The RoleReporting to the Assistant Treasurer, you will join a team that also includes the Vice President of Finance and Treasury, a Senior Credit Analyst and a Treasury Coordinator. Your activities will include both individual responsibilities and collaborations with other team members.
You'll be responsible for managing day-to-day activities in the Treasury department including cash management and forecasting, bank accounts administration, debt compliance, borrowing base administration and inventory intermediation agreement management.
While all your duties will be important, you will invest the largest part of your time in daily cash management, including:
- Using multiple banking platforms and coordinating with the Senior Credit Analyst, business segment accounting and bankers to set the daily cash position.
- Generating all information and analysis necessary to compile and send the daily treasury report to senior management, including bank balances, transaction activity, prepayments, debt balances and inventory intermediation agreement obligations.
- Executing daily payment runs in multiple formats including wire, ACH and checks.
- Serving as primary day-to-day contact for bank relationship managers and bank operations staff.
- Performing daily borrow/pay decision analysis on asset-based lending revolving credit facility.
- Maintain and improve cash worksheets concurrent with needs of and changes in the business, including acquisitions and changes in bank relationships.
- Maintain and improve 10-day cash forecast, including partnering with the Senior Credit Analyst to perform advanced inventory intermediation agreement working capital analysis.
- Respond to both internal and external audit requests.
- Serve as a primary treasury liaison to Accounting for daily operations and month-end cash reconciliation.
- Back up the Senior Credit Analyst as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What's in It for YouProfessional development
We are committed to helping our people grow professionally. For example, if you are interested in obtaining your CTP, we'll support you in those efforts. You'll also gain exposure to new things, including a unique and complex inventory intermediation agreement.
This role reports to the Assistant Treasurer in our corporate offices, so your successes will be visible. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
Autonomy and support
We'll look to you to achieve goals independently, giving you the elbow room to succeed. At the same time, support is always available from your peers and supervisor.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production to delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals who love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid vacation plus paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 brands. We supply 90 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessWe promote a team environment, but you also will have your own responsibilities. We're looking for an individual with initiative and the autonomy to get the work done with minimal supervision. You should be able to get a project going with only general direction, and then deliver a high-quality product that is ready for executive eyes. We've already said that support is available, but when you ask for help with an issue, it would be great if you also could bring recommendations for a solution.
You will spend a good deal of time every day in SAP and Excel, so the more familiar and efficient you are with these programs, the better. In addition, we'll welcome any suggestions you have for improving processes or utilizing features that we aren't using today.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Senior Treasury Analyst, you will:
- Bring a customer service approach to all interactions with internal and external contacts.
- Pay close attention to details, but also understand the big picture and how the details fit into it.
- Bring strong self-motivation and pride in delivering quality work on a consistent basis.
- Remain flexible and adaptable as our company continues to grow and evolve.
- Combine an analytical approach with creativity in solving problems.
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.