The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the Welder opportunity, you will demonstrate substantial aptitude and experience in pipeline welding. In addition, you will:
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience with general maintenance.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in welding and torqueing.
- Be a certified welder, able to demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- 6” schedule 40 pipe in 6G position in a X-ray or bend test.
- 2” schedule 80 pipe in the 6G position in a X-ray or bend test.
- Welding stainless steel pipe using gas tungsten arc welding, carbon steel, and chrome moly.
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend technical drawings to install piping components, fabricate other structural steel assemblies, and perform general welding.
- Adhere to Par Pacific’s strong commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Hold a valid driver's license with an insurable driving record.
- Be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Be able to earn forklift and aerial work platform certification.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with team members throughout our organization.
- Strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills; the ability to work well with deadlines.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and with situations that involve customers, operations and emergencies.
- Self-discipline; the ability to work independently and as a strong member of the Maintenance Team.
- A sense of urgency.
The position may be exposed to heat, noise, humidity, altitude, smoke, fumes, dust, gases, hydrocarbons, paints, and solvents. You will need to wear personal protective equipment, which we will provide, including safety glasses, flame resistant clothing, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, and a hard hat. We also provide respirators. Additionally, you must have the physical stamina to climb, squat, lift, stand, etc. You will be comfortable with heights and confined spaces.
Qualified candidates will be required to pass a background check as well as pre-employment drug and alcohol screens.
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
The RoleOpportunity Overview
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as a Welder, you will primarily work within the refinery to support operations and keep the facility running at peak performance. We have 40 miles of refined product pipeline serving the refinery which produces high-quality gasoline, distillates, fuel oil diesel, jet fuel and other products. All of your work will be generated via a work order system. Typically, you will complete two to three work orders each shift.
You will work the day shift to complete duties in conjunction with another Welder. Your primary responsibilities will be pipe welding where it’s expected that you’ll spend about 80% of the time on carbon welds and 20% on stainless welds, with occasional work on chrome moly. About half of this work will be performed in the shop with the other half occurring in other areas throughout the plant. While 95% of the time you will focus on the maintenance needs within the refinery, on occasion, you will also support basic pipeline maintenance, such as changing filters on the line.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and other general responsibilities.
What's in it for YouEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems. Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
In addition to a competitive wage, including overtime opportunities, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; and more. In addition, we provide safety glasses, Nomex flame resistant coveralls, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, hard hats and respirators.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you'd expect in a small town. We're proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. If you love the outdoor life, there aren't too many places to beat Newcastle.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Keys to SuccessTo find success in this role, you will be accountable for your work. You will ensure it is done correctly the first time, always be acutely aware of safety as your top priority, and take good care of the equipment you use. Time management and your ability to stay organized will be important.
In addition, a few other traits will make you stand out as a fantastic Welder with Par Pacific:
- Be flexible and maintain a "can-do" attitude.
- Achieve goals independently but also contribute as a team player.
- Deliver results and operational excellence by planning, organizing and owning your work assignments.
- Build solid interpersonal relationships by relating well to others, communicating effectively, bringing a collaborative approach and influencing others as appropriate.
- Make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Dedicate yourself to learning the areas where you may have knowledge or skills gaps.