The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Accounts Payable Lead opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; an associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred
- 3+ years of related accounts payable experience
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel, and proficiency with Word and Outlook
- Experience in SAP is highly preferred
- Oil & gas/energy industry experience is a plus
- Self-motivation and the resourcefulness to achieve goals independently
- The ability to:
- Communicate clearly in both verbal and written form
- Collaborate and build positive rapport with all levels of staff and management across functional areas
- The flexibility to adapt to unexpected changes in priorities or interruptions in a fast-paced environment
The RoleYou will report to the Accounts Payable Manager in Houston and have a dotted-line relationship with accounting leaders in Honolulu. The AP team includes six (plus some contractors), and you will be the single AP resource in Hawaii.
You will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to all business units regarding AP processes, systems, and discrepancy resolution, while advising decision-makers on the most appropriate and efficient processing and payment methods for various transactions. This will include assisting management in ensuring payables transactions are processed in accordance with corporate policy, internal controls, and/or external regulatory reporting requirements.
You'll invest the majority of your time supporting the different business areas, responding to inquiries and working through issues to facilitate AP processes. In addition, you will:
- Provide accounts payable support across all of Par's scope of operations
- Communicate proactively with internal and external vendors to facilitate issues to resolution
- Ensure accurate and timely workflow of AP process
- Assist with daily and month-end AP functions
- Ensure consistent adherence to company policies and procedures
- Assist with establishing and maintaining desk procedures
- Contribute to and/or lead special projects as assigned
- Handle other duties as assigned
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations, part of the marketing organization, offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 brands. We supply operate 23 stores on five islands, and supply many others.
What's in It for YouVisible impact
You will interact with a variety of people in this role, acting as AP consultant to internal leaders and helping maintain great relationships with vendors. You'll also represent corporate AP, ensuring compliance and also facilitating any process improvements.
We'll help you get up to speed on things that may be new to you, such as SAP and OpenText Vendor Invoice Management. The retail component makes operations in Hawaii unique within Par Pacific, giving you broad, cross-functional exposure.
We are a young, fast-growing company and you can expect your role and responsibilities to evolve. Combine this with the skills you will acquire, and you can build a long and rewarding career home here. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production to delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals that love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid vacation plus paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; retirement savings plans; educational reimbursement; and more.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Pictured: At the heart of the logistics network is our refinery in Kapolei, which is the largest in the state.
Keys to SuccessActing as the single AP resource in Hawaii will take some unique skills. You should be highly self-motivated and enjoy working through issues and achieving goals autonomously. Support will be available, of course, but if you're the person we're looking for, you see solving a problem as an opportunity to learn. There will be regular conference calls with the Houston team, so you can share ideas and insights.
You'll also need to have the professional presence to manage relationships and expectations with internal "clients." For the most part a collaborative service-oriented approach will work well, and you should have the interpersonal and leadership skills to influence others. In addition, there may be times when you'll need to be assertive.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Accounts Payable Lead, you will:
- Bring a strong detail orientation, but also develop a big-picture understanding the business and how your actions contribute to our success
- Deliver operational results on a consistent basis by planning, organizing and owning your assignments from start to finish
- Combine logic and a methodical approach to developing effective solutions to difficult problems, probing all fruitful sources for answers and looking behind the obvious
- Remain flexible and adaptable as our organization and your role evolve
- Manage multiple activities and priorities effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.