The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Treasurer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant field. An MBA and/or Certified Treasury Professional designation are preferred
- 10+ years of treasury/finance experience, ideally in the energy or chemical industries
- Solid experience and a proven track record at the management level
- Experience with commodities trading finance is preferred
- Familiarity with enterprise software; experience with SAP is a strong plus
- Advanced modeling and analytical skills in MS Excel
- Public company experience is preferred
- Demonstrated strong leadership abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A strategic mindset
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver in a rapidly growing company and entrepreneurial environment
The RoleYou will join the Chief Financial Officer's team, which includes the Controller and leaders of FP&A, investor relations, IT, business development and mid office. You will supervise an Assistant Treasurer and two Treasury Analysts. You will provide leadership and coordination for all company subsidiaries to securely and accurately transfer funds and ensure proper treasury operations. This will include:
- Overseeing budgeting and cash forecasting (short and long term)
- Managing and maintaining all banking relationships
- Managing capital costs
- Handling credit facility negotiations and other debt and equity capital markets solutions
- Supervising interest rate hedge tactics
- Directing all debt covenant compliance reporting
- Overseeing counterparty risk/exposure
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Daily cash positioning -- borrowing or investment decisions
- Credit monitoring, prepay, letter of credit management
- Annual credit review and reporting to audit committee
- Banking relationship building
- Capital structure planning -- acquisitions
- Debt/Covenant compliance and reporting
- Presentations - acquisitions, banking structure/format, refinancing
- Daily employee supervision
- Credit card facility management, P-card, T&E programs across multiple subsidiaries
- Weekly long-term cash flow forecasting
Pictured: Par Pacific acquired the Wyoming Refinery and logistics assets in July 2016 after it had completed over $95 million in upgrades over the prior four years. The refinery is at the heart of a logistics network that includes 140 miles of crude oil gathering systems, 40 miles of refined product pipeline, and approximately 600,000 bbl. of storage capacity.
What's in It for YouStrategic impact
As our subject matter expert, you'll shape our treasury strategy moving forward. The Treasury function is solid, but you'll also be able to put your personal stamp on it as you drive continuous improvement. As part of the leadership team, your influence will extend beyond Treasury.
Compelling employee value proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, premier market position, and integrated business systems. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many industry experts. Success in this role could lead to expanded and/or new responsibilities within the broader CFO organization.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production to delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you're at Par, you're a driven, creative thinker, and a hardworking, entrepreneurial professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
Location, location, location
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. The office where you'll work is located in the Memorial City area of Houston, near the Memorial City Mall. It's a vibrant area of the city with plenty of places for lunch or to wind down after work. We also have lots of free parking.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; life and AD&D insurance; a 401(k) with company match; a robust paid-time-off and vacation benefit, retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; gym membership allowance, and more.
Pictured: Par Pacific retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 and Tesoro brands. We operate 91 stores on five islands.
Keys to SuccessYour technical finance expertise will be essential, of course, but just as important will be the leadership and interpersonal skills to drive results in partnership with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You should demonstrate initiative in developing solid working relationships with different groups in finance and accounting, other departments in the company, and with key stakeholders and partners such as bankers.
Our industry and company are both fast-paced and dynamic, so you should be flexible and able to shift priorities without letting anything fall through the cracks. In the process you should keep a constant eye out for ways to improve efficiencies and controls. You will "own" the treasury big picture, but you also should pay attention to details. You'll delegate many tasks but, like all of us a Par Pacific, you should be willing to roll up your sleeves to achieve goals.
In addition, to find success as the Treasurer, you will:
- Be proactive about getting up to speed quickly on our company, goals and processes
- Help promote a positive and collaborative culture on your team, and in interactions with other departments
- Leverage your leadership and employee development skills to coach and mentor your team, recognizing successes and managing performance as necessary
- Set high standards for your team, clarify expectations and hold people accountable
- Remain flexible about communicating with contacts in different time zones.