The RequirementsTo be a good fit for the CDL Maintenance Truck Driver opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with tanker endorsement required.
- Hazmat endorsement preferred.
- Experience as a CDL carrier/professional truck driver; petroleum industry experience desired. We will also consider outstanding recent graduates from trucking school.
- A clean driving record.
- General mechanical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- A strong commitment to safety and environmental guidelines.
- The ability to repeatedly lift 60 pounds.
- Flexibility and dependability; the ability to work outside of your assigned shift, including weekends, holidays and evenings, as required.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with team members throughout our organization.
- Strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills; the ability to work well with deadlines.
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and with situations that involve customers, operations and emergencies.
- Self-discipline; the ability to work independently and as a strong team member.
- A sense of urgency.
The position will require exposure to adverse weather conditions and hazardous environments, as well as the physical stamina to climb, squat, lift, stand etc. You'll also need to wear personal protective equipment, which we will provide.
The RoleReporting to the Procurement Manager, with a dotted line to logistics, as CDL Maintenance Truck Driver, you will perform tank truck and trailer driver duties to deliver petroleum products to and from rail sites for loading and unloading of rail cars. Your efforts will support the local refinery and other areas, including along 40 miles of refined product pipeline. The pipeline serves our Wyoming refinery, which produces high-quality gasoline, distillates, fuel oil diesel, jet fuel and other products.
You will join an expanding team including four other CDL Maintenance Truck Drivers. You will haul a variety of refinery products from the refinery to the cars. The driving is minimal. The majority of your time will be spent loading and unloading. As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Receive daily orders from the dispatcher or supervisor.
- Perform your duties following specific policies and procedures from written or verbal instructions.
- Organize your daily schedule include planning and preparations; check-in with or leave a message for dispatch upon completion of delivery.
- Maintain assigned work areas, tank truck vehicle and/or its equipment in a clean and orderly manner, performing housekeeping chores as required and/or directed.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules, procedures and regulations for loading docks, rail siting, traffic laws, rules and DOT regulations.
- Follow all environmental procedures and report all safety and environmental incidents and concerns immediately to your supervisor.
- Perform minor work on vehicles as needed, e.g. change light bulbs, replace discharge valves, hose ears, etc.
- Maintain records of everything that is hauled including product, load quantities and where they came from and where they went. Records must be reported to the supervisor at the end of every shift.
Graphic: Pipeline map.
More Good ReasonsEmployee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional who loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Newcastle, the county seat of Weston County, which offers the neighborly culture you'd expect in a small town. We're proud of our great schools, low cost of living, and even lower cost of housing. If you love the outdoor life, there aren't too many places to beat Newcastle.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions and integrations of newly acquired companies.
In addition to a competitive wage and overtime opportunites, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; and more. In addition, we provide safety glasses, Nomex flame-resistant coveralls, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, hard hats and respirators as needed.
Keys to SuccessTo find success in this role, you will be accountable for your work. You will ensure it is done correctly the first time, always be acutely aware of safety as your top priority, and take good care of the equipment you use. Time management and your ability to stay organized will be important.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding CDL Maintenance Truck Driver, you will:
- Be flexible and maintain a "can-do" attitude.
- Achieve goals autonomously but also contribute as a team player.
- Deliver results and operational excellence by planning, organizing and owning your work assignments.
- Build solid interpersonal relationships by relating well to others, communicating effectively, bringing a collaborative approach and influencing others as appropriate.
- Make good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Recognize how your behavior impacts others; demonstrate commitment, adaptability, and resilience.