The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will be at least 19 years of age for a CSA role in the state of Idaho, and 18 in Washington state (as long as another employee is on-site that is over 21).
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience in retail sales and handling cash is preferred. We are also willing to train candidates who are eager to launch a career with Cenex Zip Trip and Par Pacific.
- The ability to:
- Perform basic arithmetic operations accurately.
- Communicate in English (orally and in writing), including proficient telephone communication skills.
- Work various shifts as scheduled, and arrive on time.
- Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- Perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
- A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
- The ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift and lift up to 50 pounds.
- 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties.
- A friendly, outgoing personality and a commitment to excellent customer service.
The RoleReporting to the Store Manager, as a Customer Service Associate (“CSA”) you will be the primary provider of customer service. You will be responsible for:
- Cash and related cashier duties.
- Fuel and non-fuel sales (convenience store merchandise).
- Inventory reports and stocking / merchandising.
- Safety audit during the shift.
- Checking in vendors and putting away freight.
Regardless of your shift, part of your duties will be to help ensure that everything for the next shift is prepared and set-up. So that means if you are closing, you will get everything ready for the morning shift to start.
Your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service; may be required to assist customers at the gas pump.
- Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; complies with all cash handling procedures including checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
- Be responsible for all cash, monies, and inventory during shift.
- Comply with company policies and store procedures, including all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Adopt, participate, and comply with in all safety programs.
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
- Be a positive team-player, work cohesively with other employees, contribute to a positive work environment.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other duties as assigned.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
What's In It For YouEmployee Value Proposition
Working at Cenex Zip Trip and Par Pacific is different. Employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions at the store level. People truly have amazing careers with us because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts. Prove yourself as a CSA, and you could move up the ladder into a Sr. CSA role or even into a lead or management position!
There is nothing ordinary about working here – and there’s certainly nothing ordinary about our people. If you’re one of our employees, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Team Member Referral Program
We've recently implemented a unique and exciting referral program to reward our team members who refer other great employees to us. Once a referred team member stays with us for a specific amount of time, the employee who referred them will receive a generous bonus!
Great place to live and work
Because our stations located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in one of our stores located throughout the Pacific Northwest--including Eastern Washington and northwestern Idaho . We're proud of our unique culture and family-friendly environment.
In addition to a competitive wage, including overtime opportunities and bonus potential, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; vacation days; and more.
Keys to SuccessAs you’ve probably already gathered, this is not your typical cashier position. Instead, we’re looking for a proactive professional who will dust, sweep or take care of other things around the store and station when there’s some downtime--which won’t be often. Our stations are fast-paced and very busy, so it will be important that you can multi-task and provide great customer service at all times.
If you are a self-starter who can hit the ground running, we look forward to hearing from you.