The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Propane Bulk Delivery Driver / Service Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school/GED/trade school diploma/certificate or equivalent.
- Two years of commercial driving experience, ideally including operating a propane Bobtail (straight truck) type vehicle.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL), Type B.
- General mechanical knowledge and skills, including the ability to learn:
- Repair and maintenance processes in mechanical, plumbing and/or electrical.
- The use and operation of common hand and power tools.
- A working knowledge of basic math and the ability to perform routine basic mathematical calculations.
- Proven problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work with deadlines.
- Familiarity with computers and software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements are strongly preferred, and you'll need to obtain them as a condition of hiring.
- A CDL, type A.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of propane distribution systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with and certification in boom truck and forklift equipment.
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC); this could be provided upon selection.
- The ability to:
- Walk, stand and sit frequently.
- Work at various heights and in confined spaces.
- Reach overhead, squat, kneel, climb and grasp.
- Lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Lift light, medium and heavy objects.
- 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field and the ability to distinguish colors, as required to perform duties.
In general, you'll work Monday through Friday, but business needs may require you to work a different schedule once in a while, such as Thursday through Monday. Typical hours will be 7 AM to 3:30 PM, although we can be flexible. You must be available to work overtime as needed and be able to commit to DOT “Hours of Service” with Par Hawaii. This could include taking call-outs and/or working extended hours, after hours and weekends.
Pictured: Par Pacific's retail operations offer gasoline and other petroleum products in Hawaii under a new local brand, Hele, as well as the Union 76 brands. We supply 91 stores on five islands.
The RoleWe launched our propane business in 2017 and it has been growing steadily. Your key activities will be to:
- Deliver propane product as needed to internal and external customers.
- Install, repair and maintain propane distribution equipment on an on-going basis.
More specifically, you will:
- Safely deliver propane product as needed to internal and external customer sites per company, county, state, and federal guidelines, procedures, regulations, and industry practice. On-the-job training provided.
- Safely install, repair, and maintain as applicable related distribution equipment at customer and company sites per company, county, state, federal, guidelines, procedures, regulations, and industry practice. On-the-job training provided.
- Understand and comply with all company, county, state, and federal guidelines, procedures, regulations, and industry practice as applicable to the safe handling, storage, installation and transportation of propane product and equipment.
- As applicable to job function, maintain a CDL Class B license, with tanker and hazmat endorsements to operate company delivery and other vehicles.
- Safely prepare, maintain, and repair propane bulk plant distribution equipment as needed.
- Assist in developing programs and material as needed to ensure all aspects relating to the day-to-day operations of propane distribution are met.
- Work a flexible schedule with regular after-hour delivery and repair / maintenance call-outs.
- Ensure all related safety and image compliance requirements at customer sites are met and adhered to.
- Interact regularly with customers.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
Pictured: Our Oahu refinery is part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 5 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
What's in It for YouImportant role
This position is about more than just driving a route. You will act as a "brand ambassador" for the propane business in every customer interaction. We'll also welcome your ideas for growth and continuous improvement.
Employee Value Proposition
Par Pacific is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of our ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, our premier market position, and our integrated business systems. Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production-to-delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you're at Par, you're a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great time to join us
Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. We have completed three significant acquisitions since 2013. We look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions and integrations of newly acquired companies. Our employees enjoy the opportunities and vibrant environment that comes with working in a growing enterprise.
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work on Oahu, where you'll find everything from the big-city energy of Honolulu to historical landmarks to exceptional natural beauty. We're proud of our unique culture and family-friendly environment.
Pictured: Par Hawaii's logistics system delivers state-wide, including transferring products to ships and barges that supply the neighbor islands.
Keys to SuccessWe're looking for someone who will see this as more than just a job. As an integral part of a small business line in its infancy, you'll need a strong sense of ownership. You should be motivated to help the business succeed, always looking out for ways to grow and improve it. The new business is lean (it will be the Manager and you for now), and you'll need to be flexible as it continues to evolve.
In addition, in order to be an outstanding Propane Bulk Delivery Driver / Service Technician, you will:
- Maintain a strong focus on safety at all times.
- Pay attention to details, but also understand the big picture and how the details fit into it -- including how your actions contribute to the company's performance.
- Bring a results orientation and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Relate well with others, build relationships and deliver exceptional customer service on a consistent basis.
- Be resourceful in solving problems independently, but also know when to reach out for help.