The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will be at least 18 years of age.
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The ability to:
- Work various shifts as scheduled, and arrive on time.
- Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- Perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
- A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
- The ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift and lift up to 20 pounds.
- 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties.
The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including morning, swing and night shift. We have openings for a variety of positions:
- Part-time: 19 hours or less
- Part-time: 29 hours or less (medical coverage included)
- Full-time: 30 hours and more (full benefits included)
The RoleReporting to the Store Manager, a Store Associate will be assisting with routine store duties EXCEPT cashiering (you must be 21 due to teh sale of alcohol). You will be responsible for:
- Daily cleaning/upkeep of the store and outside area.
- Inventory reports and stocking / merchandising.
- Safety audit during the shift.
- Checking in vendors and putting away freight.
Your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service; may be required to assist customers at the gas pump.
- Comply with company policies and store procedures, including all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Adopt, participate, and comply with in all safety programs.
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
- Be a positive team-player, work cohesively with other employees, contribute to a positive work environment.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other duties as assigned.
Why Par PacificEmployee Value Proposition
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts. Prove yourself as a CSA, and you could move up the ladder into a Sr. CSA role or even into a management position!
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – and there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Kona, one of Hawaii's most beautiful and historical places. You'll find everything from coffee farms to historical landmarks. We're proud of our unique culture and family-friendly environment.
In addition to a competitive wage, including overtime opportunities and bonus potential, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; vacation days; and more. We also offer shift differential for employees working the night shift.