The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualifications for this role you will be at least 18 years of age.
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- The ability to:
- Work various shifts as scheduled, and arrive on time.
- Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- Perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
- A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
- The ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift and lift up to 20 pounds.
- 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties.
The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including morning, swing and night shift. We have openings for a variety of positions:
- Part-time: 19 hours or less
- Part-time: 29 hours or less (medical coverage included)
- Full-time: 30 hours and more (full benefits included)
The RoleReporting to the Store Manager, a Store Associate will be assisting with routine store duties EXCEPT cashiering (you must be 21 due to teh sale of alcohol). You will be responsible for:
- Daily cleaning/upkeep of the store and outside area.
- Inventory reports and stocking / merchandising.
- Safety audit during the shift.
- Checking in vendors and putting away freight.
Your primary job responsibilities will be to:
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service; may be required to assist customers at the gas pump.
- Comply with company policies and store procedures, including all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Adopt, participate, and comply with in all safety programs.
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
- Be a positive team-player, work cohesively with other employees, contribute to a positive work environment.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other duties as assigned.
Why Par PacificEmployee Value Proposition
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts. Prove yourself as a CSA, and you could move up the ladder into a Sr. CSA role or even into a management position!
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific – and there’s certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. If you’re at Par, you’re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Great place to live and work
Because Par Pacific is located in some of the most beautiful places throughout the country, our employees get to make these places their home and enrich their lives. You'll work in Kona, one of Hawaii's most beautiful and historical places. You'll find everything from coffee farms to historical landmarks. We're proud of our unique culture and family-friendly environment.
In addition to a competitive wage, including overtime opportunities and bonus potential, we offer comprehensive benefits that include medical and dental insurance; life and AD&D insurance; retirement savings plans; employee assistance programs; vacation days; and more. We also offer shift differential for employees working the night shift.
Keys to SuccessTo be successful here you need to be helpful, courteous, and accommodating to the customers...and, of course, smile. The way you manage multiple demands will be telling of how successful you will be. You'll need to manage each customer individually while making all of them feel that they received the service they deserve. At times, through no fault of your own, you might have to deal with an upset customer. Again, customer service finesse and the ability to calmly handle the situation will determine how successful you'll be in your role. Of course, in situations like these, you should also call in management to help you and ensure that the customer's issue is effectively resolved.
Beyond fulfilling the larger requirements of the role, you must also live up to the basic requirements of having a responsible, working position. You'll need to be on time, attend each shift, and if you are ill, speak to your supervisor long before you are due into work. Reliable transportation will also be essential.
About UsWith more than 30 years of operating experience, 99 Cents Only Stores is the leading operator of extreme value retail stores in the southwestern United States. We currently operate just under 400 extreme value retail stores in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Texas.
Our stores are attractively merchandised, clean, full-service shopping destinations that offer customers significant value on a wide selection of quality products from everyday household items to fresh produce to an exciting assortment of seasonal and party merchandise including decorations, costumes and gifts. We price the majority of items at 99 cents or less.
We believe that our differentiated merchandise mix, combined with outstanding value, enable us to appeal to a broad consumer demographic, increase overall traffic and frequency of customer visits, as well as strengthen customer loyalty. Our stores do over four times the sales volume and are significantly larger than traditional dollar stores, enabling us to offer a wider assortment of merchandise and provide customers with a spacious, comfortable shopping experience.
Pictured: Another new 99 Cents Only Store opening. We have just under 400 stores now, and we plan to expand our store base at an annual rate greater than 10% over the next several years.